Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

The Best Adaptation of Spider Man

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  P1Falchion 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

P1Falchion

Marvel’s Spider-Man

Rating: 4.5 – Outstanding

The Best Adaptation of Spider Man

Spider Man was one of the most exciting announcements back in 2016 at E3. When looking at that game most people thought that this game would pretty much play like the Batman Arkham games except it would be faster given how Spider Man moves when he fights. The other great announcement was that it was being developed by Insomniac Games who are responsible for great games like Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet and Clank, and Spyro. So with great development team taking on a well established IP like Spider Man, it’s difficult not to get excited about this game. And when the game finally came out and I got to finally experience the game for myself I was left extremely satisfied. This game is not only one of the best games of the year but, this version of Spider Man is my favorite interpretation of Peter Parker and Spider Man.

Looking at the story of this game, Peter Parker has been Spider Man for some years, the games starts with him going after Wilson Fisk. Before Spider Man can finish of Fisk, Spider Man is warned that because he is sending Fisk to prison no one can protect the city from what is going to happen. And as you progress through the game you are introduced to the Demons and Mr. Negative. There is a lot that goes on during the story that helps make this one of the best if not the best adaptation of Spider Man in the world of entertainment. Without spoiling the story, this game does a great job at not only showing us the Spider Man many grew up either reading about or watching shows and movies about him, but this game also does what some of the movies really haven’t done as well which is make you feel for both sides of the character. Peter Parker in this game is excellent, there are many times during this game where you just feel for the guy, and you see the difficulties he goes through because there is more of a priority on being Spider Man than his life as Peter Parker and because of that his life and relationship is affected by that job.

The only thing that I had a problem with the story involves the villain of the game. Mr. Negative has the blueprints of a sympathetic villain at first but, the game doesn’t really go in depth with that side of the character. There is one scene where you see a moment with Mr.Negative not liking that he is about to resort to a life of crime. In another scene later on in the game tries to help make him sympathetic, I thought it was a little too late to add that layer because at that point I didn’t have that much of a connection to the character that it was only a moment saying "damn that sucks for him" and that’s it. There is another character introduced half way through the game that seemed like a fight was going to occur at some point and it never happens. There are other characters in the game that really left a great impression and I’m excited for when they show up in the eventual sequel to this game.

The one thing that was evident when a lot of us saw the gameplay footage of Spider-Man was that this game basically looks like a faster version of the Arkham games. And after playing the game that is mostly true for the most part. The combat is quick and showcases the difference between Batman and Spider-Man. Batman was brutal in his fights you would see him break criminals bones before knocking them out. Spider Man drops quips as he is taking down criminals or if you want to make combat situations less stressful he can be stealth and when the moment is right you combat the remaining enemies. Another main difference I feel when comparing the Arkham games and this one is that in the Arkham games, there were moments you are in a room filled with armed enemies it felt impossible clearing that room of enemies unless you use stealth. In Spider Man it felt like his speed is what helped make those situation less of an issue. So what was almost impossible to do in one game, in this game you can clear a room and with style like only Spider-Man can display.

Another great aspect of this game is exploring the world you are in. In Spider Man it feels great web swinging through Manhattan and the world is lively. If you wanted to interact with the people of Manhattan you can it may be minor like throwing finger guns at people like in Spider Man 3 only this did it better. Or if there is an active crime going on in the city, you hear a police radio talking about a crime occurring near your area and like that you can stop a robbery, help civilians in an accident, look for a missing person, ect. There is so much to do in this world so you don’t have to just focus on doing main story missions you can accomplish other tasks and get rewarded for it to learn new moves, more suits, new gadgets, ect.

Spider-Man is easily one of the best games of the year and not only that but, it’s also one of the best adaptations of Spider-Man. This is another great exclusive that can only be played on PS4 and if you didn’t have one before this game, now The gameplay is quick and the humor Spider-Man displays is another thing that helps enhance the experience. The small complaints I have for this game honestly excites me more for the sequel because I can easily see the next game be one of the greatest games of all time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.