Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

One of the all time classics…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Galactus21 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Galactus21

Resident Evil 4

Rating: 4.5 – Outstanding

One of the all time classics…

It has been a long time since I have played Resident Evil 4. The last time I played it was during the Gamecube era. When it first released, I marvelled at the intense action, the insane and gorgeous graphics, and the immersive atmosphere. While Resident Evil 4 has been released multiple times since then, I had an itch to play it again with the remaster version on the Xbox One.

Resident Evil 4 follows the story of Leon. It starts off with Leon searching for the president’s missing daughter, coupled with some mysterious villagers in the remote parts of Europe. Leon quickly finds that there is more than meets the eyes, as the villagers become hostile. Leon will begin to unravel the reasons behind this hostility. Resident Evil 4’s story serves its purpose, and provide some general purpose to all the action.

When I first started playing the game after so many years, the controls did take a bit to get used to and it felt a bit rigid and clunky. After a while, you get used to the controls and things flow smoothly. Whe controlling Leon, the camera view is over his shoulder. Making sharp cuts like turning does feel a bit awkward at times, but once you get used to it, the controls are solid.

When Leon shoots, he also must be stationary. While some people did not like this concept, I thought it adds to the suspense. The gun play felt smooth and the mechanics made it extremely intense, as you faced multiple enemies at once. Through out the game, there are multiple weapons that you can acquire. This ranges from pistols, TMPs, shotguns, sniper rifles, and variety of grenades. During the course of the game, you will also be able to gather herbs for healing and bullets for your guns.

Also over the course of the game, you will be able to upgrade your weapons by increasing ammo, the power, and so forth. During battles, there are also waves and waves of enemies that make the action intense. This is broken up with well timed puzzles. Additionally, the boss fights were well designed and quite intense. The way the game was paced felt cohesive. Each chapter felt like a small piece of an overall beautiful picture.

While the remaster certainly looks better than the Gamecube version I played many years ago, the game still pales in comparison to newed games as expected. With that said, the game still runs very smoothly and holds up surpisingly well compared to other games from that era. The voice acting was solid and fhe music added to the overall intense atmosphere.

Resident Evil 4 is as fun as I remembered it. The gams features tons of action, with lots of weapons to utilize as well. The developers smartly inserted puzzles and boss fights to break up the plethora of enemies. While certain things do feel a bit dated, the gams still holds up quite well over the years. It is still one of the best games of all time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.