Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Nintendo Switch Console – Will extreme cold damage the switch? my newly delivered switch has been sitting on my porch, in 10f/-13c temps, for about 15 hours.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BestGamer 3 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

BestGamer
    Participant

Nintendo Switch Console

Question: Nintendo Switch Console – Will extreme cold damage the switch? my newly delivered switch has been sitting on my porch, in 10f/-13c temps, for about 15 hours.

Its around 20F here where I am at (a couple of nights ago it was around 7F) so no ………

One should always let any electronics warm up to room temperature before adding power or turning on. It should be fine if you do this. Make sure it is out of the box when you do this. We let our stuff sit open for 24 hours before doing anything!

That is a hard one to answer. My boy uses it on the porch, car and indoors. Have not exposed it (yet) to extreme temperature. How is it working now since you
    brought it indoors. If it is working after being brought into home, it is a pretty good sign. They are prety rugged….

Electronics aren’t built to handle extreme temps.

First let it warm up at room temperature before using it. That would best determine if the was any cold weather damage or not.

Possibly, if turned on right away. I recommend to wait for Switch to warm to room temperature before turning on.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.