Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Nintendo Switch Console – I actually just purchased one of these babies for zelda, my top fave game of all time, wanted to ask. are these region free? would like japenese games

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BestGamer 3 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

BestGamer
    Participant

Nintendo Switch Console

Question: Nintendo Switch Console – I actually just purchased one of these babies for zelda, my top fave game of all time, wanted to ask. are these region free? would like japenese games

I’m thinking they are region lock like most default gaming consoles

Yes just make a Japanese account

Yes the Nintendo Switch is region free.

No region locking whatsoever. You can even make a seperate account to get games on the japanese eshop.

i seriously *doubt* they are region free. no previous nintendo consoles have been, no other consoles are and japanese and american companies very specifically like to keep the regions separate to keep the market numbers clear. i haven’t checked just for you, but check the reddit group on it, they’ll have all the info even on the hacking (hacking: not recommended because nintendo banning users for any reason currently)

The Nintendo Switch is REGION FREE!!! :D You can just insert any game cartridge and it will work. However, if you want digital copies, you have to create a separate Nintendo account in your console for each specific region, just to buy the games from said region.

That is a good question.. I do not know.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.