Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

A highly enjoyable but slightly flawed game

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  YOMAMMA9998 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

YOMAMMA9998

Final Fantasy XV

Rating: 4.5 – Outstanding

A highly enjoyable but slightly flawed game

Story
    This is where most reviewers and just people in general seem to have the most negatives and I can see where they are coming from, but I don’t personally agree. I enjoyed the story very much and the ending was one of the most emotional endings I’ve seen in a long time. I even enjoyed the change of gameplay for Chapter 13, but I’ll get into that farther into the review.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is probably my favorite part of this game. I just really enjoy Third-Person Hack and Slash games. While FFXV isn’t as deep as a Platinum game (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Bayonetta), or something like Devil May Cry, the presentation and fluidity of the combat is second to none. It’s simple, yet fun. My main gripe with the gameplay is the Regalia. I don’t like being limited to the road in the car, nor do I like being limited to landing it in certain places when I fly it. I also don’t like the whole no swimming thing but I guess that’s what chocobos are for. Getting back to Chapter 13, I don’t mind the change to a survival horror type of gameplay. My only complaint is that the whole point is to upgrade a keycard a bunch of times and it starts to drag on. I’ve played about 100 hours and I’m not even close to completing everything. It’s going to take me probably another 100+ to complete everything and I’m excited for it.

Presentation
    This game is absolutely gorgeous. It beautifully captures the Americana aspect combined with a fantasy style world and it is gorgeous. The music in this game is near perfect. It’s probably my second favorite Final Fantasy soundtrack with my favorite battle theme. It runs at a dynamic 1080p 30fps on the base PS4, and it sticks to it most of the time, however, it does have some frame pacing issues, which make it seem like it’s a lower frame rate but for the most part it says at 30fps.

Characters
    I usually don’t do this but I just have a little blurb that I have to say about these characters. They feel more like real people than most video game characters. The constant banter between the bros and the way they interact in and out of cutscenes is superb and I really wish more games had character interactions like this.

Final Verdict
    I absolutely adore this game. It took ten goddamn years to get here but it was worth every minute of it. I urge you to get it if you haven’t already. You will not be disappointed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.