Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Xbox One S Console – is there anything bad about this purchace i should know about?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BestGamer 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

BestGamer
    Participant

Xbox One S Console

Question: Xbox One S Console – is there anything bad about this purchace i should know about?

I bought this as a gift for a grandson. I have not used it, so I can’t really answer the question. Sorry.

Not that I know of. Shipping was fast. I find the 500GB runs out fairly quick. Other than that, it’s a good buy

This answers to this will almost always be subjective. Compared to it’s PlayStation 4 counterparts (Slim & Pro models) & even it’s own successor sold alongside it (the One X) the One S will almost always have lowest graphical fidelity & performance/frame-rate; and that’s not even considering the power a gaming PC. On the games side of things, there are plenty of games available for Xbox, but the PlayStation and PC platforms currently have the edge when it comes to both the total number of games AND exclusive content. THAT SAID…the Xbox One S is still a solid choice. As a console, it’s plug-and-play (though an internet connection is practically required for it to work optimally), it is the only console (line/brand) to include a UHD 4k blu-ray player and is ahead of Sony when it comes to home theater support, and has robust and ever expanding support for games made for it’s earlier consoles in the form of backwards compatibility. Unless your grandson is a stickler for performance and/or graphics OR really wants to play some exclusives from the other guys (Uncharted, Bloodborne, Persona, The Last of Us, PC between 2000-2013: https://docs.google.com/document/d/105oDn_pPAm5mwphk9zwSO_oexcVBkMI1_5XQbg74_8M/edit, etc), he should be more content with Xbox One, and is fortunate to have such a loving grandparent.

I don’t know what the other person is talking about. I’ve never had a single ad pop up on my Xbox, never had a problem playing any game, unless Xbox Live is experiencing technical problems and the time it takes to install a game, depends on the size of the game and internet speed, if you’re buying it from the Microsoft store.

Cons:
    if you’re connected to internet, you’re bombarded with ads.
    Some games will not be able to be played at times for reasons I can’t explain.
    Installing games takes FOREVER.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.