Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

That’s one nasty bowl of soup!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  horror_spooky 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – Episode 4: Metamorphosis

Rating: 4.0 – Great

That’s one nasty bowl of soup!

And so concludes the latest Resident Evil adventure. The episodic experiment by Capcom, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, had its ups and downs, but it ends on a strong note.

This fourth episode features some shocking story moments and alternate endings, greatly increasing the replayability of the game. The story goes off the rails a bit and doesn’t really follow through with some things, but it’s still fun. It also ends (if you get the good ending) in a way that perfectly sets up Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil 6 was terrible, but still, the ending of Revelations 2 is interesting nonetheless.

It’s virtually impossible for me to talk about what happens in this episode, as it would risk spoiling the previous episodes. I will say that there are new gameplay mechanics introduced here that break up the typical gameplay, and that overall, the level design here is probably better than the level design in the other episodes.

To go along with the release of this episode, Capcom has also put out two extra episodes. These episodes star Moira and Natalia, and they are significantly different than the main game. They feature familiar locations, but offer absolutely completely different gameplay mechanics. These episodes are really frustrating to play, but offer really interesting story insight that wouldn’t have otherwise been available. Moira’s extra episode features hunting and a greatly increased challenge. Natalia’s episode is all about stealth, and can be supremely frustrating. I wouldn’t pay extra for them, but if you’ve purchased the season pass, then they are available as a free download.

Since I haven’t really talked about it before, I will also use this review to talk about Raid Mode. Raid Mode is a bonus game mode that is surprisingly deep and fun. It features a dizzying amount of missions, allowing players to unlock new weapons and characters pulled from the history of the franchise. Raid Mode provides a fun distraction for when gamers finish up the story.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 was an interesting experiment by Capcom. The game had a problem with providing interesting-looking settings, but it brought to the table challenging new enemies, and an intriguing, if flawed, storyline. The episodic nature of the game didn’t really add much to the experience, but it did result in some amusing cliffhangers. I would rather Capcom just release the game completely next time, but Revelations 2 was a fine follow-up to the original Revelations despite not quite reaching the same heights.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.