Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Soon the hunt will begin

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  horror_spooky 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Call of Duty: Ghosts – Devastation

Rating: 2.5 – Playable

Soon the hunt will begin

Between Call of Duty: Ghosts and Dead Rising 3, I am being completely turned off by season passes. Dead Rising 3 features four DLC packs for its season pass, but the coolest DLC is separate from the season pass and costs an extra $10. Meanwhile, the DLC for Call of Duty: Ghosts is just outright disappointing. Call of Duty: Ghosts – Devastation will definitely make you regret purchasing a season pass.

The maps are all incredibly boring and unremarkable. Dome was never a great map and having it remade here is just insulting. There are far better maps from the Modern Warfare series that deserve to be remade over Dome, such as Estate or Terminal. Hell, give us Nuketown. Dome is a bad map from a game notorious for its bad maps. Why they felt the need to revive it here is beyond me.

Ruins continues the trend that the first DLC pack started of having a horror movie icon playable in the game by completing the special orders. The character this time around is Predator from the Predator and Aliens vs. Predator franchises. Playing as Predator is fun. It’s a goofy little thing that, while not quite as intriguing as when they did it the first time around with Michael Myers, is still good for some laughs.

The other maps are Behemoth, Collision, and Unearthed. They are as generic as Call of Duty maps come. They aren’t bad by any means. They don’t support camping or any other annoying gaming habits by the community, but they won’t stick in your mind.

Besides the multiplayer maps that are unremarkable and boring (though not terrible), Devastation also includes a new map for Extinction. This map is called Mayday. It is significantly more interesting than the other Extinction maps that we’ve had to play with so far. It is visually very impressive as well, and it is more focused than the other Extinction maps. While I still won’t be going out of my way to play Extinction all that much as it is still just a crappier version of Zombies, at least they are making an effort.

Call of Duty: Ghosts – Devastation is a disappointing map pack. It will devastate you how much money you’ve wasted, but that’s about it. It contains less content than the previous map pack (Onslaught gave you a gun), yet it costs the same amount of cash. Hardcore Call of Duty fans aren’t playing on Xbox One anyways, but let this review stand for all versions of the DLC packs. Call of Duty: Ghosts – Devastation is just yet another bad Call of Duty expansion pack.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.