Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Re-living the Best History

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  GameTitan83 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

GameTitan83

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Rating: 4.5 – Outstanding

Re-living the Best History

There isn’t much in the way of content that The Lost Legacy contains that is particularly new to the series, but if you’re an Uncharted fan, you’ll be too happy playing to quibble over whether you’ve done this before or not. However, that’s not to say that there isn’t something new about exploring India or having a female character in the story’s lead role. Like any other Uncharted game, I spent a fair amount of time standing on top of the peaks I’d just climbed and looking down at the vista below, or standing below them and gazing up in awe. Uncharted has always been about exploration, and The Lost Legacy certainly gave me plenty of amazing new things to see and feel like I’ve now visited.

The funny thing was that my wife loves Uncharted games, but didn’t really seem interested in this one. The reason? She felt like it was just an excuse to bring us back to the Tomb Raider that Uncharted is clearly inspired by, putting a lovely lady back in front of us guys so that we can admire her high-definition features. Honestly, I am happy to say that my trust in Naughty Dog’s ability to tell a good story and treat their characters right remains well-founded. Yes, Chloe is attractive, but The Lost Legacy does a great job of taking her out of the "sexy sidekick" trope and into the forefront, where, as I had hoped, we can learn more about who she is and her past, just as we’ve learned so much about Nathan Drake over the last few games. While I felt that toward the end of the game, a handful of the plot moments and comments between the two main ladies seemed to be serving to do a little more man-bashing than was necessary, I found that most of the dialogue and story was excellent and often thought-provoking, and I feel that Naughty Dog successfully brought out Chloe’s emotions, past history, and current motivations in a meaningful way while still staying true to her character as we saw it in Uncharted 2 and 3.

As for the game play, there’s a reason why you can play the Uncharted 4 multiplayer if you own The Lost Legacy; you can pretty much copy and paste your Uncharted 4 shooting and climbing experiences into this game and you know exactly what you’re in for. Of course, that means the execution of the action is virtually flawless, and plays smoothly without any complaints from me. Interestingly enough, The Lost Legacy has a greater puzzle focus than Uncharted 4, which I did not mind, since the puzzles here were arguably better than most in Uncharted 4. The open world environments where you can choose different routes to the goal return in a couple of instances, while the rest of the game moves along more linearly. The pacing is very good, and most people will breeze right through this game in less than 10 hours. It may be short by Uncharted 4 standards, but if you put the experience up against the PS3 Uncharted games, it is certainly long enough.

While I felt this game had less of the moving platform challenges like the clockworks of Uncharted 4 or the aqueducts of the first Uncharted game, it more than made up for it with beautiful greenery, and a really awesome ride toward the end of the game. The villain in The Lost Legacy, while certainly a mad, bad fellow, is actually rather boring and undeveloped, but it really doesn’t matter since the game is about you having fun, and trust me, you will, even if taking him out is a little underwhelming amongst all the other really cool things that are going on.

I’ll most certainly re-play the Uncharted series again at some point, and when I do, I’m definitely not leaving this game out. In fact, I’m going to tell my wife how great it is and how well they developed Chloe’s personality. Maybe next time she’ll watch me play it like she does the rest of the series.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.