Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

My wig was snatched!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  colortints 3 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

colortints

Lost Sphear

Rating: 5.0 – Flawless

My wig was snatched!

Simple review:

Story line was very interesting – several twists and turns.

The gameplay itself has improved a lot from I Am Setsuna.

Lots of customization with the abilities and they are visually pleasing.

The music is great.

There are 8 playable characters you acquire throughout the game.

This is an underrated company.

A bit more detailed:

Battle:

It’s a classic style RPG. Similar to games like Secret of Mana 1 and 2 (also known as Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 in Japan).

It is a turn based battle system – similar to what they had in I Am Setsuna but they’ve upgraded it. They allow you to move your characters around the battlefield; lending a bit of tactics to the fights.

In addition to that the artifact choice is also paramount in how you go through the game. You can constantly go back and recreate new artifacts to suit your play style.

They’ve also altered how momentum mode works – In Lost Sphear you can customize what you want to happen for your momentum mode activation. For those that haven’t played I Am Setsuna Momentum Mode is basically an additional effect your abilities can have in the battle. So for example if I wanted to make one of my attack skills also do an AOE heal I could add on a Love Axiom in the Momentum slot.

I forgot to mention DEBUFFS AFFECT BOSSES. I hate games that have debuffs that never work on bosses.

You can have up to 4 players in battle at once and you can switch them in and out or have them fight in a "second form".

Story:

Honestly, the story is the reason I even came on here to write this review.

It was so refreshing to have a story with a bit of mystery that unfurls as you play. It’s a story where you can speculate who people are – what will happen and so on.

This game actually pulled the rug from beneath me!

The characters do have some distinct personalities; though I do think some of the add-on characters where a bit flat.

I don’t to spoil anything so that’s all I’m saying. I recommend just jumping straight into it.

Music:

Great. Classic RPG music.

Visually:

Very cute art style. The graphics are fun too. It kind of reminds me of the Lufia games where you had almost chibi type characters.

A few of the monsters and people designs are recycled from I Am Setsuna but honestly it didn’t really bother me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.