Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Minecraft fatigue

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  horror_spooky 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

Rating: 3.5 – Good

Minecraft fatigue

Minecraft is one of gaming’s biggest phenomenons, up there with Pokemon, Super Mario Bros., and Angry Birds. It’s one of those gaming franchises that transcends the industry. Go into any retail store in the United States and Minecraft memorabilia will be everywhere, including toys, candy, and more. Minecraft is available on pretty much any device that has a screen, and I think because of that and the lack of a "Minecraft 2", that I am starting to feel a bit of Minecraft fatigue.

So before I go on with this review, I need to point out that if you somehow have never played Minecraft before, and Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will be your first experience with the game, then you can bump that score up from a 7/10 to a 9/10, and I recommend checking out my review for the Xbox 360 version of the game. However, if you are like me and you’ve already experienced Minecraft on another device, or even multiple devices, then Minecraft: Xbox One Edition doesn’t really offer anything all that new, but at its core, the gameplay of Minecraft is still fun and addicting.

Since the 360 version released, it has been constantly updated to include new features and gameplay mechanics. The Xbox One version has all of these updates, with the added benefit of 1,000 Gamerscore worth of achievements, larger game worlds, and the ability to test out DLC texture packs before purchasing them.

Owners of the 360 version can upgrade to the Xbox One version for a discount as well, though in all honesty, it should’ve been a free upgrade. You aren’t really getting anything new here that you can’t experience in the Xbox 360 version of the game. Yes, the worlds are bigger, but the worlds were already quite large in the older versions. You have more room to play, but it’s so big that the extra space hardly even matters that much.

At its core though, Minecraft is still Minecraft. If somehow you are unaware of what it is at this point, Minecraft is a game in which you are given a randomly generated world, and then tasked with surviving in that world by building, mining, harvesting, and fighting off the dangerous monsters that spawn at night. You can turn it into an adventure, or you can simply screw around and try to make awesome creations.

One of my favorite aspects of Minecraft is the multiplayer, and it returns here. Four-player split-screen is retained, plus the ability to take the game split-screen online is also available. I am a sucker for local co-op and multiplayer games, and Minecraft is definitely one of the absolute best around.

I was expecting more out of Minecraft with the upgrade to the next generation. If you were as well, then it is easy to be disappointed by Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. However, the game is still Minecraft, and Minecraft is pretty fantastic at its core gameplay.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.