Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Loses its focus along the way

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Charliebears 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Charliebears

Guacamelee! 2

Rating: 2.0 – Poor

Loses its focus along the way

Guacamelee 2 Review

Guacamelee 2 is a platformer of moderate difficulty. It has a lot of interesting elements that are often fun but can be frustrating.

the good:

The art style and music are both very nice. Some of the platforming, especially the stages early on, is fairly clever and you feel a real sense of accomplishment in completing it. The platforming elements can come together in very interesting ways at times, making it feel like a puzzle that needs to be completed.

the bad:

The abilities and platforming features are rolled out slowly throughout the game. However, there seems to be an expectation of rapid mastery as shortly after introducing new abilities they expect you to do fairly complicated platforming with it. There are also a couple elements that were only used several times throughout the game making you wonder why they bothered having them in the first place.

Some of the platforming just borders on ridiculous at times. It’s not challenging or technical as much as it is exhausting. A couple times I had to put the controller down and ask myself ¡°why are they making me do this?¡±. It just wasn’t fun.

The controls feel fine for the more basic tasks the game has you complete But for the more difficult platforming it doesn’t feel quite tight enough and you’ll often end up frustrated that a command didn’t execute.

What probably bothered me most in this game was the sheer number of enemies they throw at you at the end of the game. Many of these fights you can’t avoid and there’s just no way to beat these enemies without getting tossed around like a rag doll. Frequently I couldn’t even tell where I was on the screen. You’ll die again and again until you just happen to squeek through on one run.

replayability:

Apparently there are multiple endings. The ending I got was the bad ending but it still seemed ok. I really feel that having completed this once I have closed the book on this particular game and don’t have any desire to go back. If, however, you enjoy this game you’ll be happy to know that you have multiple endings available to you.

overall:

I enjoyed the game for the first 60-70% or so. But the end game really made me frustrated and it was a real effort to complete it. I was glad when it was over. It’ll probably be one I delete from the ps4 and don’t return to again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.