Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Capcom is crazy

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  horror_spooky 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3′ Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha

Rating: 3.5 – Good

Capcom is crazy

As someone that purchased the season pass for Dead Rising 3, I was pretty annoyed when Capcom announced this brand new, awesome-looking DLC at E3 2014, which wasn’t going to be included in the season pass. However, this DLC offering still looked appealing enough to me, and so, against my better judgment, I decided to give it a go. In the end, I was both pleasantly surprised as well as somewhat disappointed.

The title of this DLC is an example of Capcom poking fun at itself and its tendency to endlessly re-release the same games over and over again on different platforms or with marginal upgrades. The tone of the DLC brings with it that same kind of satire. The DLC makes fun of various aspects of the game industry while also celebrating it. There are power-ups that let you do things like summon the planes from Capcom’s game 1942 to lay waste to the zombies around you, for example.

My problem with this DLC is that there are only four areas to play through. After you complete all four of them, there’s nothing to do but endlessly repeat them in the grind to unlock all of the awesome costumes. The grind to unlock these costumes is a little much, requiring you to repeat a lot of gameplay sections that, while fun the first or second time through, don’t hold up the more that you play through them.

The DLC wisely raises the amount of people that can play in co-op from two to four people. There are four characters to choose from as well. You can play as Chuck from Dead Rising 2, Nick from Dead Rising 3, the irreplaceable Frank West from Dead Rising 1, or a fourth character that I can’t really discuss without spoiling some of the events of Dead Rising 3. Oh yeah, by the way, you should definitely make sure that you complete the story of Dead Rising 3 before you play this DLC, or else you will get spoilers.

Anyway, the characters come with their own set of moves and weapons. The gameplay is very arcade-like, with a time limit that see show fast you can complete the various objectives. There are boss fights thrown in, too. The characters all have various alternate costumes that are homages to other Capcom games, even their more obscure titles. My favorite costume in the game is the Regina costume based on Dino Crisis, a dead franchise that, in my opinion, Capcom should revive at some point in the future on the eighth gen consoles.

This DLC’s humor is one of its main selling points, and it is definitely funny. It’s also just cool to go around and see all the various references to Capcom games of the past. Unlocking the badass costumes is fun, too, but the grind to unlock some of them, like I said, is just ridiculous, especially considering there’s only four primary levels to play through, which means that the game can old get pretty quickly.

Overall, this ridiculously long-titled DLC expansion for Dead Rising 3 is far superior to most of the expansion stories that came out in the months after the game’s launch, which were included with the season pass. It has its own issues as well, but it does have a certain goofy charm and fun factor that should please diehard fans of Capcom’s work.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.