Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

Be The Batman

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ShadowOverlord 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Batman: Arkham Knight

Rating: 4.0 – Great

Be The Batman

WARNING: If you intend to purchase Batman: Arkham Knight online, please go to the shop’s website and search "Arkham Knight." If you search "Arkham Knight" on Google, you’ll be exposed to a barrage of spoilers. While this review is spoiler-free, I cannot guarantee other reviews on the Internet will be. And the spoilers for Arkham Knight are HUGE.

Batman: Arkham Knight is Rocksteady’s latest and greatest Batman: Arkham game. It’s been one of the most hyped-up games of the year, even more so than Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate or Splatoon.

The Gameplay is awesome. You control Batman, and have a wide array of gadgets to use. There’s a smoke pellet, distruptor, you can glide, takedown enemies. All those are staples of the Arkham games. But Arkham Knight has a few new tricks, most importantly of all the Batmobile. It’s Batman’s famous car, which you can drive around Gotham, which is five times bigger than Rocksteady’s previous game, Arkham City. You can stop to fight random thugs in the street in combat sections, which is where you have to carefully press buttons. One is for strikes, one is for countering, one’s for jumping, etc. You can use quick fire gadgets in combat, which is nice. There are button combinations for aerial Attacks, beatdowns, ultra-stuns, all which make combat very interesting unlike other games, where you can mash a button and get away with anything.

Predator here is interesting too. Occasionally, you’ll come across rooms of armed gunmen who are trigger-happy and willing to shoot you on sight. You must use your gadgets and take down the thugs. A new addition is Fear Takedowns, when you can takedown enemies in mid-air and seamless flow from one to the other. I feel this is quite overpowered, as it seems to be a "cheat" button that makes things too easy. The disruptor has received a major upgrade, and can now be used to KO an enemy. You can hide in grates, and nobody will find you unless someone is taken down near the grate. The boss fights are good. There’s not very many of them, which is good. More is less, and Arkham Knight’s boss fights are polished and have been thoroughly tested. Lastly, I need to mention the dual play system. Sometimes during combat, you can switch between Batman’s allies: Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman. The system is very good because there’s always enough enemies to ensure it it’s not a cheat button, so you need to use your dual takedowns carefully.

The graphics will blow your head off. They are jaw-dropping. Batman: Arkham City’s graphics, which are very good, seem like a 70s arcade machine when compared with Batman: Arkham Knight. Characters could not be more detailed, and the scenery is amazing. No choppy frame rates, and Commissioner Gordon’s coat looks wet when it rains, which is extremely detailed. The Batmobile is so detailed it would literally use up an empty Xbox 360 hard drive. And that is a lot of storage! Rain pours down Gotham City in such a detailed way that if you showed a cutscene of the game to a someone, they would assume it was a movie. This game has the best graphics of any game I’ve ever played, and I’m not exaggerating.

The sound is perfect. The music is always mournful and sad, yet hopeful, much like this game. The voices are great. The brilliant Kevin Conroy returns as the voice of Batman, and Mark Hammil may be famous for Luke Skywalker, but there’s no denying he makes an excellent Joker. Everyone else in the cast is amazing. There’s very detailed and realistic noises when, say, something explodes, or a thug hits the floor.

The story is awesome, but not as good as I’d hoped. Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he has sworn to protect as Scarecrow returns to unite a rooster of villains against him, hoping to destroy Batman once and for all. Scarecrow threatens Gotham with a bomb that will release Fear Gas, which makes people see their worst fears before driving them insane. Gotham is evacuated, and only a handful of Police Officer under the command of Commissioner Jim Gordon stay behind, as well as Batman. Thugs loot the city, and Batman must battle Scarecrow, as well as a new foe calling himself the Arkham Knight.

There are several minor flaws with this game. One is that Rocksteady seem to have implemented the Batmobile in almost half the missions. This is an action and adventure game with some elements of driving, not the other way around. I know Rocksteady need to showcase the Batmobile, but it doesn’t need to be in every other level. My other minor flaw is that there are three endings. One for story completion, one for story and side missions completion, and one for 100% clearing the game. This is overkill motivation to get me to play the game 100%. I don’t want to do that. Takes too long. I’d rather enjoy the full story mode with a cup of tea rather than tear my hair out looking for collectible #69.

Overall, this is a must-buy. It may cost $50+, but no gamer should be without this true Arkham experience. Buy it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.