Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

An epic journey filled with many memorable moments.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Galactus21 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Galactus21

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Rating: 5.0 – Flawless

An epic journey filled with many memorable moments.

I will get straight to the point and say The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is not only one of my favorite rpgs, but also one of my all time favorite games. Witcher 3 is a masterpiece that has left many memorable moments throughout its long adventure. While the combat is solid, its the epic storytelling, lovable characters, and gigantic world that solidify itself as one of my all time favorites. Witcher 3 features massive maps, with plenty of content to keep players busy. While there is a lot to do, the content has plenty of substance.

Witcher 3 follows the story of Geralt of Rivia, who is a witcher that has gone through training and mutations that allow him to hunt monsters such as vampires and wraiths. Throughout the game, you will hear story recaps during load times, as well as through scenes and interactions with the game’s many characters. The story revolves around the wild hunt, who is hunting Ciri, and is like a daughter to Geralt. The story revolves around tracking down Ciri, as she runs from the wild hunt. The many interactions with characters and the lore of the story are topnotch. While I did not play the first two Witcher games, I could still enjoy the story and lore immensely, as the game does a fantastic job filling you in.

Witcher 3 is an open world rpg, filled with many side quests on top of its main quests. With the plethora of things to do, I never felt overwhelmed to a point where the game lost its meaning. The game has some massive maps, but the game is hardly barren. There is plenty to explore. The maps are filled with enemies, treasures and undiscovered locations. These undiscovered locations could be things like guarded treasures, places of power, or bandit camps. In addition to these, there are still enemies to kill throughout, as well as exclamation points that highlight some additional task.

The game has a solid combat system. With two types of sword, one steel for humanoids and silver for monsters, Geralt has powerful weapons at his disposal. Using the sword, Geralt can use a quick or strong attack to string together attacks. Geralt can also utilize well timed counters to get in a good attack. Players can also mix in dodges and rolls to get out of the way of attacks. Additionally, players can use signs, arrows, and bombs as part of attacks. Signs are similar to magic, where Geralt can use a protective shield or shoot fire out of his hands.

I also loved the rpg elements in the game. It did not feel overly complicated, but still had plenty of components to it. As you gain experience points, you will eventually level up. With each level up you get an attribute point that you can spend on skills. These skills include strengthening melee attacks or improving your signs. For instance, you can spend these points that allow Geralt to manipulate people during conversations. As you level up, you will also get to wield and wear more powerful weapons and different armor. Players can also add upgrades to these weapons.

During your campaign, you will also get instructions that allow you to have certain swords or armor to be crafted. There are other things you can create, like potions and bombs. Throughout the different towns or cities you visit, you will also have access to armorers and merchants where you can buy and sell things. I also liked little details like having your weapons and armor degrade due to battles. This requires repair from armorers and blacksmiths. I thought this was a cool little detail.

During the game, players will interact with many characters. During these interactions, you have different dialogue options. What I loved was that these choices actually felt like there were impact the overall story. There was some downstream impact, which made everything feel cohesive. Many of these choices also impact the various characters in this game.

It took me nearly 100 hours to beat Witcher 3 and there were still some hefty amount of undiscovered locations to explore. The replay value for the game is also high due to the massive amount of content, as well as dialogue choices having different impact. The game also sports some pretty graphics, with character models looking great. The environments also look good with many little details to fill these maps out. One minor complaint however is that sometimes there were some dips to the frame rate. Also the game’s voice acting is superb. Everyone from main characters like Geralt, Yennefer, and Dandelion had well delivered lines to minor characters you see a few times delivering great lines. The musical sound track was also amazing. I especially loved the score during Skellige.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is an amazing and memorable experience. The characters are memorable, the story is epic, and the world is brimming with content. Everything about the game felt cohesive. There are some minor gripes, such as some control hiccups on rare occasions. For the mass majority of the game however, Witcher is nothing short of stellar. It is one of my favorite games of all time. I wholeheartedly recommend this game to anyone. It is defintely worth getting a current generation console for.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.