Familiar Game
Enjoy with Android APP
Download
Menu

A great game, though it may alienate the die-hards.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SmashtasticGaming 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fallout 4

Rating: 4.5 – Outstanding

A great game, though it may alienate the die-hards.

Fallout 4 was the most hyped game of 2015. I remember drooling over my computer while watching Bethesda’s E3 conference, before I had even touched a Fallout game. I was hoping that this would be the game that would hook me, like Bethesda’s earlier games. In some ways, it did.

After finally playing and falling in love with Fallout 3, I went in to Fallout 4 with sky high expectations. Was I disappointed? Yes and no.

Graphics: 7/10
    This was the real shocker. The graphics do not reflect next gen hardware at all. I understand that it’s running on an old engine, and that Bethesda focused more on content (which I greatly appreciate, I’m looking at you Order 1886). On the bright side, the game is much prettier than Fallout 3, just in the color scheme alone.

Sound: 10/10
    Every bit of sound worked in this game. The voice acting is the best it’s ever been in a Bethesda game. Throughout my time, I hardly ever noticed repeating voices, with the exception of Raiders and other enemies. The soundtrack is eerie and fitting for this setting, both ambient music and the classical 50s tunes. The other sound effects, such as gunfire, is spot on.

Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Fallout 4’s gameplay is a mixed bag for me. The combat doesn’t suck for once, with combat being tight and responsive. However, this game waters down the RPG elements so heavily to the point where I almost wouldn’t call it an RPG. The SPECIAL system was so heavily modified for the mainstream audience that it almost doesn’t resemble the previous Fallout games. Exploring post-apocalyptic Boston is a joy, with a meaningful story around every corner. The map is a bit small compared to some of the other Bethesda games. A few major but completely optional features include settlement building and weapon modding. Settlement building is addictive, though it can be frustrating at times, as it has an entire quest line/faction built around it. Weapon modding, however, is so completely useful. Any weapon can be modded, if you have the appropriate parts. Walking Dead fans could make a certain baseball bat right away, and any gun could come out completely different than what went in.

Overall, Fallout 4 is an incredible experience for newcomers. However, some of it’s new elements may alienate Fallout die hards. Even for that group, Fallout 4 is an immensely satisfying experience, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to lose their life for a little while. A little overhyped? Absolutely. Overhyped to the extent of another certain FPS RPG? Hell no. Check out Fallout 4. You won’t regret it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.